QuickBooks Desktop 2017 Service Discontinuation policy and upgrade information
Here’s what you need to know about QuickBooks Desktop service discontinuation, including helpful info about your upgrade options.
We notify you in advance (through mail, email, in-product notifications, and this Community page) as services for older versions of QuickBooks Desktop are scheduled to be discontinued. Keep an eye out for updates on our future plans as they become available.
When does service discontinuation happen?
After May 31, 2020, access to add-on services will be discontinued for QuickBooks Desktop 2017 (Windows and Mac). This includes all versions of QuickBooks Desktop 2017:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant
Note: If you don’t use any of the add-on services in QuickBooks Desktop 2017, your product will continue to work for you. However, you will not be able to subscribe to live technical support or any of the other Intuit services that can be integrated with QuickBooks Desktop.
In addition to QuickBooks Desktop 2017 (Windows and Mac), there are a few other Intuit products that are affected by the discontinuation of add-on services.
What does service discontinuation mean?
These features will be discontinued on May 31 for 2020 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions.
- QuickBooks desktop payroll services (Assisted, Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Workers Comp Payment Service, and View My Paycheck)
- Live support
- Online backup
- Online banking
- Critical security updates
- Credit Card Processing (including automatic credit card billing and terminal download)
- Check processing
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- Bill Pay
- Intuit Payment Network
This also means you’ll no longer receive critical security updates starting June 1, 2020. If you receive any security updates before this date, you should install them.
Calendar Year 2020 Discontinuation Policy (QuickBooks Desktop 2017 Products)
Here are the products affected by service discontinuation after May 31, 2020.
If you are using any of these and want to continue using our add-on services, upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop as soon as possible.